Self-motivated in work ethic and a clear communicator, I embrace all opportunities to apply my skills in achieving outstanding results.
A React/Redux app that ranks the top contributors in a GitHub organisation.
- Combines two GitHub API endpoints, fetching a list of repositories from an organisation and creating a running total of individual user's contributions across these repositories
- Uses Redux Thunk for asynchronous API calls, Redux for managing state
- Deployed on Heroku, running on a Node.js server using Express
React Photo Feed
React, Redux, Express app fetching the latest Flickr photos, filterable by tag name.
- Consumes the public Flickr API to provide a feed of the most recently posted photos which can then be filtered by tag name
- Uses Redux for maintaining application state, including action creators, actions, reducers etc. Also uses Redux Thunk for asynchronous API calls
- Deployed as a Node.js app on Heroku
Angular 2, Node, CouchDB app demonstrating example recipe reviews.
- Uses Angular 2, Node.js/Express, CouchDB (NoSQL). Deployed on an Google Cloud Compute Engine
- Clicking star ratings component passes changes to a recipe-list parent component. An Angular 2 service (using Angular 2 HttpModule) calls the Node server, updating the CouchDB database with the new rating review
AngularJS app that provides current wind speed anywhere in the world.
- Uses AngularJS, Bootstrap, jQuery, CSS Animations, Yahoo Weather API
- Allows for user input of region and country to enable more accurate wind speed results
Interactive prototype for rotation of an aircraft engine.
- Created as a rapid proof-of-concept for an interactive engine that users could play with
- Inspired by Apple Mac Pro website
Web application to help children understand multiplication.
- When clicking a box, the multiples of the clicked number are highlighted, clicking again removes the highlight
- Displays 3 numbers per row on desktop devices, 2 numbers per row on tablet, and 1 number per row on mobile
Music blog featuring curated list of all types of music.
- Uses PHP, WordPress, SASS, AJAX, MySQL
- AJAX used for lazy loading of older posts on the homepage and for loading posts filtered by month on the archives page
- Makes use of a parallax effect in the header when scrolling the homepage
- Expanded upon original project idea by including form validation and ability to customise width of canvas
- Users have the option of generating a sketch using black or randomly generated colours
Business themed, responsive website built from a PSD design.
- Built from a Photoshop design of the desktop appearance, with images being sliced from this design
- Without the ability to rely upon designs for the site on mobile devices, responsive layout changes were dicated by the appearance of the site at particular widths